When your relationship status gets its own acronym you know you’re in another league of celebrity, so it comes as no surprise that J-Rod is said to be checking out apartments in 432 Park Avenue, the tallest residential building in the Western Hemisphere. According to the Page Six, a broker says they’ve been to the tower four times, while another broker claims they’re looking at a “four-bedroom, half-floor unit on a high floor.” The timing makes sense, as Jennifer Lopez put her enormous Nomad penthouse on the market for $27 million just 10 days ago.
Photo of Jennifer Lopez via Wikimedia
Bronx native and superstar J.Lo is selling her duplex penthouse in the Whitman, a luxurious condominium conversion at 21 East 26th Street, for $26.95 million. Lopez, who currently stars in the television show “Shades of Blue,” first purchased the Nomad pad in 2014 for $20.16 million. As the New York Times reported, the four-bedroom apartment overlooks Madison Square Park, spans 6,540 square feet on the building’s top two floors, and includes an additional 3,000 square feet of outdoor space spread across four sprawling terraces. Though Jenny from the Block will be departing (and taking her Grammy pictured above with her!), the next owner can still hobnob with the building’s other A-listers Chelsea Clinton and NASCAR driver Jeff Gordon.
Though she was recently spotted eying a $14 million Tribeca loft, it’s rumored that J.Lo has inked a deal on a $22 million duplex penthouse in NoMad‘s Whitman Building at 21 East 26th Street. She may have decided to up her budget thanks to a two-year, $26.3 million residency deal in Las Vegas. Or perhaps it was the Whitman’s A-list roster of residents that swayed her; her neighbors will include Chelsea Clinton and NASCAR’s Jeff Gordon.
Lopez’s new digs feature four bedrooms, six bathrooms, and 3,000-square-feet of outdoor space spread over four terraces with views of Madison Square Park.
Jennifer Lopez’s hunt for a downtown pad continues. After spending time with celebrity broker Fredrik Eklund checking out a unit at the Walker Tower a few weeks ago, it looks like Jenny is moving her eyes from Chelsea to a new block: Tribeca. The superstar celeb was just spotted by the Post scoping out a 5,924-square-foot sprawling stunner at 55 Warren Street.
Jenny from the Block could be looking to move to Chelsea’s Walker Tower. According to the NYP, Jennifer Lopez was spotted scoping out apartments alongside celebrity broker Fredrik Eklund. The pair reportedly checked out an unlisted apartment and eyed the floor plans of several other units over lunch. The Post notes that J Lo’s budget is around $20 million. With that in mind, might we suggest the building’s $25M duplex penthouse?
[Listings at CityRealty]
- Tony Winner to Sell Luxury Duplex: Tony-winning composer Adam Guettel threw one last party before putting his apartment at The Osborne on the market. Page Six has his reason for parting with such a beautiful place.
- Brooklyn’s Newest Foodie Neighborhoods: Brooklyn Magazine has the newest neighborhoods to check out if you want to make your stomach love you… and then maybe hate you later.
- Was J.Lo’s Free Bronx Concert A Flop?: First of all, we can’t believe J.Lo has never had a concert in her home, the Bronx, since her debut album. According the New York Observer, the rest of the Bronx agrees that she’s just Jenny from the block… and didn’t see a need to show up.
- Stella Tower is Selling Fast: The Stella Tower can’t identify with J.Lo’s plight. The development has only been on the market for a month, but the Real Deal has been told that they’re already 60% sold out. The sales and marketing team is exclusively Douglas Elliman agents.
- Morris Adjmi Apartments Coming to Williamsburg: The architecture firm is developing a 13-story, 82-unit rental apartment on South 5th Street and Curbed has the renderings.
- Mamie Gummer Buys $1.74M Chelsea Pad: Meryl Streeps daughter, an accomplished actress herself, has purchased a home not too far from her famous mother’s apartment, and the New York Post has the details.
Images: Stella Tower living room (left), J.Lo (right)