- Downtown Manhattan’s Mini Beach: The wifi rigged beach in Downtown Manhattan is here and Bedford and Bowery is already posting from it.
- Send Texts Without Service: Engadget gives us the scoop on a new device that will keep you from being stranded without cell service.
- Stylish Lemonade Stands: This one’s for the kiddies. It’s a hot summer day and your kids want to get their entrepreneurial skills on. Well, if they’re gonna charge insane amounts for 4 ounces of lemonade, they may as well look good doing it. Apartment Therapy has some great ideas for your kids to dress up their storefront.
- Brooklyn Whole Foods Jumps on the Cargo Bike Bandwagon: According to Treehugger it’s no longer just families who are embracing the car-free transportation. The Whole Foods store plans to start using the bikes for deliveries.
- 2nd Ave Subway Line: Can’t Live With It, Can’t Live Without It: Citylab discusses why the elusive and cost intensive line is worth the effort.
Images: Daniel Maurer at Downtown Manhattan’s Mini Beach (left), 2nd Ave Subway Line Construction (right)