, Tue, September 19, 2017
The Bartlow-Pell Mansion Museum in the Bronx, photo courtesy of Richard Warren via NYC & Company
It’s that time of the year again! Smithsonian Magazine is hosting its annual “Museum Day Live!” event which provides free admission to over one thousand museums, art galleries and historic homes across the country on one day only: Saturday, Sept. 23. In New York City alone, 25 institutions and educational spaces are open to the public at no charge.
More details here
, Fri, September 26, 2014
- We all know New Yorkers love exposed brick, but now we can actually wrap ourselves in it. Architizer shows off the Brick Blanket by Thing Industries.
- You can visit 20 museums around the city for free tomorrow thanks to Smithsonian Museum Day Live. The Morgan Library & Museum, Jewish Museum, and Ukrainian Museum are just a few of the participating institutions.
- Well this makes life easier…new app RadPad lets users pay rent with a debit or credit card. Head over to Laughing Squid for all the details.
- Take a virtual tour of NYC’s 22 remaining armories with Untapped Cities.
- Featured on Dezeen, a new jewelry collection is comprised of mini drafting tools, like protractors and scale rulers, all set onto brushed-silver rings. Next time duty calls for you to design a teeny tiny building, you’ll be fully prepared.
Images: Brick Blanket, via Thing Industries (L); Lenox Hill Armory, via NewYorkitecture (R)