- Move over Uber, Lyft and Hailo, SheTaxis are coming to NYC. The New York Times reports that this e-hailling app service will only have female drivers for female riders.
- Proving our point that Staten Island is the new cool place to live and play, Thrillist featured a list of 11 reasons why you shouldn’t dismiss the oft-forgotten borough.
- Because your little pooch only deserves the best. Check out these spiffy, yet functional and fully customizable dog-sized trailers made from eco-friendly materials on Freshome.
- All board the 81-year-old steamship to visit the Floating Library! AM New York reports that for the next four weeks, the Lilac Museum Steamship will be home to the pop-up, mobile device-free public space.
Images: Dog trailers via Freshome (left); Floating Library by Wendy Joan Biddlecombe for AM New York (right)
- Honeycomb Sleeping Pods For Music Festival-Goers: Wired features B-And-Bee, the winning design for a Belgium competition for sustainable entrepreneurship. Believe it or not, each pod is big enough to fit a king size bed! Where do we sign up?
- There’s No Place Like NYC In The Summer: Summer Fridays, Saturday afternoons laying out in Sheep Meadow, outdoor dining and maybe even an ice cream cone from the Mister Softee truck… DesignTaxi spotlights a slow-motion video of scenes in the city during the dog days of summer.
- ‘Hug’ Tracks How Much Water You’re Drinking: Because #firstworldproblems, TechCrunch reports on the device and smartphone app that helps you stay hydrated. If only it told you how many people go without fresh, clean water every day too…
- Going Back To The Basics of Design: Lifehacker reminds us that design is part of everyday life. Use these three basics from design 101 to help improve your photography, interior design and writing skills.
Images: Achilles Heel’s B-And-Bee courtesy of Wired (left); “Streets – New York City” by Tim Sessler courtesy of DesignTaxi