- We talk to architect Andrew Franz about his ability to blend the old with the new through thoughtful material choices and a unique use of light and space–a modernist not a minimalist.
- New 39-story Tribeca condo tower could be an architectural stunner.
- Sukkot Architecture: New York City’s sukkahs come in all shapes, sizes, and locations.
- The first part of our renovation diary series introduces readers to a historic, fixer-upper Clinton Hill townhouse and the owners’ renovation plans.
- Fashion designer Elie Tahari buys two units at 15 Central Park West for $25 million.
- Walk through a vibrating, futuristic-looking pink amoeba installation at the Storefront for Architecture.
The latest art installation at the Storefront for Art and Architecture is much more than a futuristic-looking pink amoeba. Oslo-based artist Jana Winderen and Architect Marc Fornes of THEVERYMANY have created this interactive piece, entitled Situation NY, as a way to invite visitors to question the properties of matter and the built environment surrounding us. A vibrating sound piece, it also uses light and form to heighten the experience.