We learned on Friday that Demi Moore’s triplex penthouse at the San Remo would be hitting the market for $75 million, and now the listing has finally gone live, reports Curbed. While last week’s exclusive story in the Times revealed many details about the 7,000-square-foot Central Park West residence which Moore bought in 1990 with ex-husband Bruce Willis, we only had black-and-white photos of the apartment from 1937. There aren’t a ton of new pictures, but they show how the couple updated the Emory Roth-designed home in a “Southwestern Mission motif dominated by cherry wood” and give us a look at the unparalleled views.
It’s been nearly a year since word got out that Demi Moore would be listing her triplex penthouse at the landmarked San Remo on Central Park West. Now, the Times is reporting that the co-op will be entering the market for the first time in 25 years, priced at a hefty $75 million. Included in the price is the crowning unit, PH26C, as well as a lobby-level maisonette, 1H.
Moore bought the 7,000-square-foot residence in 1990 with ex-husband Bruce Willis (who’s also been making the real estate headlines), and the couple then renovated the interiors “in a Southwestern Mission motif dominated by cherry wood” before splitting up in 2000. Adam Modlin of the Modlin Group will be handling the listing, and, though it has not been made public yet, we have some old 1937 black-and-white photos from the Museum of the City of New York to give you an idea of the bones of this one-of-a-kind home.
Real Estate Wire: A Record Breaking Sale at the San Remo; NYC Gets Its First Enclosed Mall in Over 40 Years, Thu, August 14, 2014
- A combo 6,000 square-foot luxury pad at the San Remo just sold for a record-breaking $26.4 million. [NYO]
- A 33-story tower designed by Woods Bagot is coming to Downtown Brooklyn. The new building will include a hotel and 381 apartments. [Curbed]
- More buyers are heading to Harlem in search of seeking cheaper luxury apartments. [Crain’s]
- The Mall at Bay Plaza, New York City’s first enclosed fashion mall in over 40 years, officially opened on today in the Bronx. [WABC-7 News]
- A look at Hudson Boulevard and the modern park planned for the Hudson Yards. [Curbed]
- Billionaire Leon Black and his wife are buying an Upper East Side townhouse for $50M. The home is estimated to need $20M of renovations. [NYP]
San Remo (left); The Mall at Bay Plaza (right)
Demi Moore made news this week when word got out that she would be putting her San Remo triplex up for sale for a whopping $75 million. While no listing or photos of the 7,000-square-foot 145 Central Park West space have surfaced (apparently Moore is quietly showing it), one of 6sqft’s reporters did some sleuthing and found these old black and whites from the Museum of the City of New York which pretty much meet the specs: of the two triplexes in San Remo today, one was made combining the only two-story unit in the building and the mechanical space above it. Moore and then hubby Bruce combined a two-story unit with the space above it…
Though we’re sure the decor has changed since the Spring of 1937 when it was occupied by Theodore C. Wiehe, with a little bit of imagination we bet you can fill in the gaps. So sit back, relax, and enjoy this blast from the past. And if you’ve got some money to spend, make Ms. Moore an offer. You’ll also be granted the record of “the person to have spent the most money on a co-op ever“. A win?