Mansion Global reports that San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who made national headlines and became a campaign topic when he chose not to stand during the National Anthem, dropped $3.21 million on a luxury condo at One York in Tribeca. The 29-year-old NFL player recently listed his San Jose mansion for $2.895 million, igniting rumors that he’ll leave the team after this season. The sale in New York may add further fuel to the fire, but it actually closed in July through a family trust, prior to his August sit-ins.
Surely ready to rest her bones after a whirlwind tour with Eminem, Rihanna was recently spotted scoping out the 10th floor at the Enrique Norten-designed One York in Tribeca. According to the Post, the pop star toured the luxurious $18 million listing along with her personal assistant and entourage. The 10th floor is currently made up of three units—which means a bit of work is required to adapt the space for the celeb—but when combined, the apartment will be a monstrous 5,350-square-foot floor-through home with four bedrooms and four and a half bathrooms.
Real Estate Wire: The Interiors of Herzog & De Meuron’s Condo-Hotel; A Record-Breaking Sale for Harlem, Fri, July 25, 2014
- Take a peek inside Herzog & De Meuron‘s condo hotel planned for the Lower East Side. The interiors have been designed by Beyer Blinder Belle. [Curbed]
- A Chinatown penthouse with a pretty sweet rooftop watchtower hits the market. [Curbed]
- The windows at One York in Tribeca keep fogging up and a lawsuit has been issued demanding their replacement. The fix will cost a whopping $10M. [NYDN]
- A townhouse in Harlem’s historic district just sold for $2.9M, setting a new sales record for the Stivers Row block. [TRD]
- With about 4,000 units in more than 20 residential buildings coming to Brooklyn over the next two years, if the law of supply and demand holds, experts expect the borough’s rents to level out, or maybe even drop. [NYDN]
- Urban Compass is being sued by an entrepreneur who claims the company and its CEO, Robert Reffkin, stole his ideas and then dumped him. Urban Compass recently secured $40M from investors, putting its value at $360M. [TRD]
Inside H&DM’s condo hotel (left); The rootop watchtower above 18 Orchard (right)