- Yes, Frank Gehry literally gave today’s architecture the middle finger, saying that 98% of what’s built today is sh*t. Get more details on Dezeen.
- Your Life on Earth by BBC on Archinect tells you how the world has changed since the day you were born. You’ll find out factoids like how many times your heart has beaten and how many volcanoes have erupted.
- The Bronx’s only bookstore is saved! Barnes & Noble extended its lease for two years, according to Gothamist.
- I Quant NY found the house in Brooklyn that is farthest away from the subway.
- Impress your guests with this levitating, wireless speaker. Called Om/One, the orb is the creation of Oakland-based Om Audio. Check it out on Dwell.
- Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways? Mental Floss has the answer.
Images: Frank Gehry (L); Om/One via Om Audio (R)