Calvin Tsao and Zack McKown, partners of Tsao & McKown, designed a stunning minimalist home in Wainscott, New York–a community planned by Richard Meier. The Sagaponac House was created for a hypothetical client, and due to an alteration to the terrain the home is partially underground. This roots it in the landscape while offering both privacy and openness toward the young forest around it.
- DiCaprio’s New Pad Has Vitamin C Showers: The “Wolf of Wall Street” actor just purchased a $10 million pad in a green building with purified air and water, posture-supportive floors and other features that will make your head spin.
- Major Bathroom Makeover: This bathroom’s transformation from terrifying to terrific is worth checking out.
- Is the Pierhouse Condo Development Too Successful?: The luxury condos are so successful that the developer has raised the price 6 times since February.
- The PEN and Met Galas: A Tale of Two Seatings: The PEN Literary gala is expensive. The Met gala is even more expensive. Read New York Observer Jesse Kornbluth’s hilarious observations about the two.
- Ask Real Estate: Old Paint and Built-In Sticker Shock: Ask Real Estate addresses a renter whose walls are not painted to satisfaction and condo with high taxes.
- Most Expensive US Homes Ever Sold: Check out these pricey pads. Then pick up your jaw.
- New York is the Worst State for Retirement: It may be the best state for a lot of things, but retirement isn’t one of them. See why Bankrate put it last on the list.
- Winners of the Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum Awards 2014: Brooks + Scarpa are among the recipients for the prestigious design awards.