- Did you know the Rockettes were originally the Missouri Rockets? Read this full history of the leggy holiday dancers. [Bowery Boys]
- A neighborhood guide to the Latino and Chinese cultures of Sunset Park. [Brooklyn Based]
- There seems to be a disparity between what journalists report as gentrification and what research actually finds. [City Lab]
- This Le Corbusier-inspired chaise lounge bathtub looks pretty darn comfy. [Twisted Sifter]
- We know you’ve been waiting for this day–the Meow Parlour is officially open. Meet the cat cafe’s adorable kittens. [Bedford + Bowery]
Daily Link Fix: A History of the Rockettes; Journalists and Researchers Have Different Ideas of Gentrification, Mon, December 15, 2014
- Kayu Connection asks 45 experts to weigh in on the best home improvements to increase the value of one’s home.
- Feline enthusiasts, get your cat leashes out. Meow Parlour, NYC’s first permanent cat café, is opening next month on the Lower East Side. Eater has all you need to know.
- The Bronx Brewery is finally making its brews in the Bronx. Get the scoop at Brooklyn Magazine.
- “Every neighborhood with a critical mass of bearded hipsters, bike shops and vegan cafes calls itself ‘the new Brooklyn.'” Read the full story of how cities are aspiring to be Brooklyn on Crain’s.
- CityLab has an interesting analysis of roadway suffixes in six major U.S. cities that reveal differences rooted in history.