In a city where hundreds of interesting happenings occur each week, it can be hard to pick and choose your way to a fulfilling life. Art Nerd‘s philosophy is a combination of observation, participation, education and of course a party to create the ultimate well-rounded week. Jump ahead for Art Nerd founder Lori Zimmer’s top picks for 6sqft readers!
The Fourth of July is typically for house parties and rooftop barbecues, but if you’re too lazy to organize your own party, there are a few choice ways to celebrate in style, whilst also catching the area fireworks. Channel your inner pin-up girl at the DL or sit poolside at the luxe McCarren Hotel. Head down to the revamped South Street Seaport, which has become a cultural center for arts, music and food. Splurge and set sail around Manhattan, and dance dance dance at a secret location- or at the beautiful House of Yes in Bushwick. Independence Day is all about friends and family, so have fun no matter what you do, and be safe!
More on all the best events this way
- A Mechanical Pharaoh Fan: Thanks to Thanko – not done on purpose, we promise – you can experience fanning Pharaoh-style, and you don’t even have to hire servants. Gizmodo spotlights the interesting new fan (lush grapes not included).
- A New Chef in Town: Brooklyn Magazine has discovered a new restaurant that just opened up under the Williamsburg Bridge, and they give us a little pre-taste to pique our appetite.
- 10 Sullivan Units Hit the Market: 6 units, including a $25 million duplex, have hit the market in the former site of a Soho car wash. Curbed has details on the listings along with a few images.
- Caffe Bene Continues New York Expansion: According to the Wall Street Journal, the South Korean coffee chain will add 11 stores in the next four months. After that… they’ll take over the world!
- 500 Sterling Place Launches Sales: The listings have been posted for the rental building and the Brownstoner has the details.
- Williamsburg Rooftop Bar With a View: Bedford and Bowery spotlights Sheltering Sky, the new rooftop bar at the top of McCarren Hotel & Pool, with incomparable views.
- Stephen Green vs. Trump World Tower: Real estate giant Stephen Green of SL Green Realty Corp is at odds with fellow residents of the Trump World Tower after filing a lawsuit over a spill he took last fall. The NY Post has more on the contentious situation.
Images: Sheltering Sky bar (left), 10 Sullivan (right)