Just a week ago, Meg Ryan dropped $9.4 million on an apartment in Tribeca‘s “paparazzi-proof” 443 Greenwich Street, joining fellow residents Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel, Jennifer Lawrence, Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively, and Harry Styles. This ever-growing list of celebs has now gotten even longer, as The Real Deal reports that Jake Gyllenhaal picked up an $8.63 million pad here through his Woodrow Trust.
Sales launched exactly a month ago at the long-awaited 52 Lispenard Street in Tribeca, and in that short time two of the building’s six units are already in contract at the asking price–the three-bedroom unit 3 for $7.3 million and the five-bedroom, floor-through unit 4 for $6.85 million. There are two four-bedroom units, priced at $7.2 and $8 million, also currently available.
Since the Post reports today that Jake Gyllenhaal looked at two units in the building, one of which is the three-bedroom unit now in contract to someone else, we’re wondering if he might just be the next buyer to sign on as one of the building’s first residents.
Your Daily Link Fix: 1st Renderings Are Up for Cornell Tech’s Residential Tower; Is Jake Gyllenhaal Looking in Tribeca?, Thu, May 15, 2014
- Jake Gyllenhaal Spotted Checking Out $3.8 Mil Tribeca Townhouse: Is Jake Gyllenhaal looking for a new home in Tribeca? The Real Deal gives us the inside scoop.
- The City That Never Stops: The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem, and since New Yorkers don’t consider “workaholism” to be a real issue, that’s never going to happen. However, Fast Co. shows us a new app that puts our addiction on display. And this is a problem because…
- St. Mark’s Bookshop is Moving: The famous bookstore is heading to a new location and Crain’s NY has the details of the move.
- NYU Gave Harvard Professor a Cheap Apt: The New York Post gives us the reason NYU decided to give a Harvard professor a bargain on a New York apartment.
- First Renderings Are Up For Cornell Tech’s Residential Tower: This mysterious tower is a mystery no longer as Curbed brings us the new renderings.
- Brain-scanning Devices to Revolutionize Advertising: Are visions of iRobot and Minority Report floating through your head. Well, prepare to be even more mind-boggled as Dezeen takes you further into the world of wearable technology.
- Eight Guys You’ll Probably Run Into in Brooklyn: From the Manhattan Transplant to the Bushwick Bobo, the Observer takes us on a fun tour through Brooklyn’s stereotypical men.
Images: Cornell Tech Residential Tower Rendering (left), Jake Gyllenhaal (right)