With Memorial Day just around the corner, most New Yorkers have two options–sit in endless hours of traffic trying to get to the beaches on the Hamptons or down the Jersey Shore, or have a staycation in the city. And while the latter may sound boring (and hot!) there are plenty of beaches to hit up within the boroughs. From the Rockaways to Fort Tilden, we’ve rounded up the seven best sandy spots in NYC.
Fort Tilden beach
, Wed, May 7, 2014
- Condo Back on the Market After 1 Day: Talk about a fast turnaround. Just one day after selling for $31.7 mil, this condo is being flipped for $10 mil more!
- Design Q&A with Erinn Valencich: The NBC Dream Builder‘s contestant answers a few questions about her design inspirations
- Fort Tilden Beach is Finally Open to the Public: The beach quietly reopened after Hurricane Sandy shut it down for well over a year.
- $250K/Month Palace Suites City’s Priciest: No, you read it right. A month in one of these pricey suites will set you back the cost of a starter home in Atlanta.
- There’s a New Gang in Manhattan: Made you look. Chicago’s most famous architect has just opened a new office in New York City
- Declutter Your Digital Life: It’s time to Spring clean your digital devices. Apartment Therapy will show you how
Images: Erinn Valencich (left), Studio Gang’s Solar Carve Tower (right)