, Tue, September 30, 2014
- The abandoned Ellis Island Hospital Complex, where 1.2 million immigrants were treated, is opening for public tours starting October 1st, reports AM New York.
- Take a load off…the Battery Conservancy is hosting its “Draw Up A Chair” design competition in Battery Park’s Castle Clinton to decide the official chair of the park. More on Tribeca Trib.
- A French designer turns discarded shopping carts into chairs. Designboom showcases the sustainable (and attractive, we must say) furniture.
- Gothamist takes a look at the clock that has been embedded in the Manhattan sidewalk since the 1800’s. Must have been handy before cell phones…
- Are you an unfit plant owner? This shelf by Pikaplant automatically waters your ferns and flowers. Check it out on Co. Design.
Images: Ellis Island Hospital Complex Cocoabiscuit via photopin cc (L); Pikaplant One by Pikaplant (R)