- Have you ever noticed the flag atop Trader Joe’s in Cobble Hill? Here’s the reason why the chain store flies the flag. [DNAinfo]
- Feeding your suburban-mall-food craving, Focus Brands (parent company to Carvel, Cinnabon and Auntie Anne’s) will now be delivering in the city starting this week. [CNN Money]
- A timeline of how Empire Stores went from a cargo warehouse in 1868 to the present development site. [Brownstoner]
- For their “Stats and the City 2015” series, Crain’s looks at “the mother of all megaprojects,” Hudson Yards [Crain’s]
- With projects like +Pool and 17 John Cotel, how does crowdfunding play into architecture? [ArchDaily]
- This sleek portable desk by Baine & Fricker comes with its own wheels for easy transportation. [ELLE Decoration]
The Significance Behind the Flag Atop Cobble Hill’s Trader Joe’s; Hold the Phone – Cinnabon Now Delivers, Mon, August 24, 2015
Remember that competition held in February to crowdsource the design of a hotel to be located in downtown Manhattan? Looks like the results are in and Prodigy Network just announced the winners of the competition for the 17John ‘Cotel’ (collaborative + hotel = cotel).
The winning designs cover both the public interior spaces and the private rooms of 17John, and as the competition brief outlined, all the rooms are specifically tailored to the modern business traveler. Rooms range from long-term living spaces to more standard short-stay hotel rooms. The hotel will also be equipped with flexible spaces for work and meetings, and digital services that “provide comfort, community, and connectivity for its guests”.