In August, four months after topping out, Jeanne Gang’s High Line-adjacent tower at 40 Tenth Avenue had its geometric glass installed. Images released by Studio Gang showed the 10-story office building taking shape and showed off its unique glazing system on the lower levels. Now, Aurora Capital Associates and William Gottlieb Real Estate, the project’s developers, are offering new renderings of the building itself and its future office spaces for a new view of the “solar carve” that the building has been known for (h/t Curbed).
Photo by Timothy Schenck
Four months after topping out, Jeanne Gang’s tower at 40 Tenth Avenue is getting its geometric glass installed. New images released by Studio Gang show the 10-story commercial building taking shape between the High Line and the Hudson River, as well as its unique glazing system on the lower levels (h/t designboom). Formerly dubbed the Solar Carve Tower because of the way the building is “sculpted by the angles of the sun,” 40 Tenth Avenue features a curtain wall made of diamond-shaped panels facing downward, with four triangular pieces around it.
Aurora at 277 Fifth Avenue, courtesy of Victor Group and Lendlease
Joel Fitzpatrick is a master of many trades. He has a diverse background in theater, fashion, interior design, and dance but the one common element through everything he does is light. Fitzpatrick started as a sculptor but yearned for more collaboration and found that through lighting. In his most recent work, a dynamic, multicolored light show called “Aurora” for Rafael Viñoly’s 277 Fifth Avenue, his career has come full circle.
After feeling the cosmos pulsate with the northern lights, there was no turning back. Now Fitzpatrick dreams of building an outdoor light show to permanently shine on the Manhattan skyline. 6sqft recently talked to Fitzpatrick, who shines a light on how his past informed his present and what to expect from him in the future. Read more
Since 6sqft reported just over a year ago on the beginnings of the building formerly known as the Solar Carve tower by celebrated architect Jeanne Gang at 40 Tenth Avenue, the new High Line-hugging addition has been quietly rising. Now, the 10-story commercial tower has officially topped out, and we’ve got the construction photos and new renderings to prove it.
- Heated Indoor Pool + More Fun Amenities at Greenpoint Rental Leasing with 1 Month Free [link]
- Striking Crown Heights Rental ‘The Dean’ Debuts; Loft-Inspired Homes from $2,605/Month [link]
- HOUSE39; Midtown’s “Best in Class” Tower Now Offering 2 Months Free [link]
- Haven at 875 Dekalb Avenue, Bed-Stuy Rentals with 1 Month Free & 1-Bedrooms from $2,249/Month [link]
- Midtown East’s Stonehenge 58 Offers 2 Months Free + $1,000 Security Deposits [link]
- Twenty Exchange Offers 1 Month Free, Apartments from $2,497 in Landmark Downtown Skyscraper [link]
- Perched Above Long Island City, Aurora Offers 1 Month Free; 1-Bedrooms from $2,676/Month [link]
- Boutique Rental in Boerum Hill Leasing With 1 Month Free on Select Units; Studios from $2,469/Month [link]
- No-Fee Apartments with $1,000 Deposits at 101 West End Ave; Studios from $2,720/Month [link]
- Special Offers at West 96th Apartments, Just One Block from Central Park [link]
- At Epicenter of Upper East Side, ‘The Colorado’ Offers Up to 2 Months Free; Apartments from $2,751/Month [link]
- Leasing Specials at 2 Gold Street in the Financial District; Studios from $2,825/Month [link]
- Pre-War Rental at 78 Prospect Park West in Park Slope Offers 2 Months Free [link]
- Free Rent & Reduced Security Deposits at Upper East Side High Rise [link]
- $1,000 Security Deposits & 1 Month OP at Plaza East Apartments in Murray Hill [link]
- Charming Park Slope Rentals at 300 10th Street with 1 Month Free; 2 Bedrooms from $2,769/Month [link]