- 9 Co-working Spaces in Brooklyn: It seems the world is going freelance but that doesn’t mean you have to forfeit human interaction. Brooklyn Magazine shows us nine great community workspaces to rub elbows with fellow freelancers.
- Amazon’s New Fire: The Perfect Phone for Moms?: Amazon has just released the new phone and FastCo. thinks they’ve found its target audience: multitasking moms.
- Drink Up! Governors Island Gets Drinkable Water: Water, water everywhere and not a bit to drink is exactly what people were saying about this island for the past 9 years. But today the NY Daily News announces the two fountains to help you quench your thirst.
- Hy-Fi Mushroom Tower Comes to Life: architect David Benjamin’s self-assembling, mushroom based towers are beginning to take form at MoMA PS1, and Inhabitat has the update.
- More Luxury Rentals Debut in Park Slope: 4th Avenue has seen some growth lately. The Brownstoner shows us the latest crop of luxury rentals to pop up in the area.
- Entrepreneur Barbie to Change Girls’ Career Ambitions?: Barbie’s got a new image, and women entrepreneurs are hoping it will be a good influence on young girls. FastCo. takes a look into the Mattel dolls one small high-heeled step for woman that could lead to one giant high-heeled leap for womankind.
- New Developments in Brooklyn: A Chinese takeout restaurant at 83 Humboldt Street is being replaced by a new five-story, ten-unit building. Meanwhile a new 104-unit, mixed-use building is headed to Bed-Stuy. Buzz Buzz Home has all the details.
Images: Mushroom Tower rendering (left), Brooklyn workspace (right)