- Attack of the New Development: Is One57 taking over? Curbed asks the question as Residences at the Mandarin Oriental becomes the first casualty, losing two residents to the new development.
- World’s Oldest Man Dies: The Observer just wished him a happy 111th birthday a month ago, and now, the Wall Street journal is announcing that holocaust survivor Dr. Alexander Imich died over the weekend.
- 261 Hudson Revealed: Related Companies has released the first renderings of a rental building at 261 Hudson Street between Spring and Canal, and The Real Deal has it for you.
- Toilets That Would Make the Charmin Bears Happy: Developers for the Sterling Mason in Tribeca are adding “smart toilets” that play music and relaxing sounds, according to the New York Post. We say that’s one expensive potty training mechanism.
- Increased G Train Service Starting Today: If you find yourself preparing to challenge Usain Bolt every morning on the way to work you’ll be happy to know that the MTA plans to increase service starting today. However, for every action there’s an equal and opposite reaction. Brooklyn Magazine has more on the good news, and the not so great accompanying news.
- A Site That Tells You If Your Favorite Bar Patio is Sunny or Shady: Anyone who’s found themselves shielding their eyes from the blinding sun over drinks will appreciate this site featured on Gizmodo.
Images: Dr. Alexander Imich (left), G Train (right)