- Is Airbnb as good for NYC as they say it is, or is it threatening affordable housing? We dissect the controversy.
- In our third installment of NYC’s skyscraper boom we take a look at unreleased plans on the drawing boards, office and hotel projects rising throughout the city, and the development boom occurring in Jersey City
- There’s neuroscientific proof that design matters. See what your brain’s like on architecture.
- Twilight star Robert Pattinson is eyeing a $3.5 million Vinegar Hill townhouse.
- We talk to Amy Norquist of Greensulate about green roofs and sustainable design.
Photo courtesy of Airbnb via Facebook.
Controversial room-sharing startup Airbnb, one of the most visible players in what is being called the “sharing economy,” has recently awakened the innovation vs. regulation argument in all the usual ways–and a few new ones, including the accusation that these short-term rentals are depleting the already-scarce affordable housing stock in pricey metro areas like San Francisco and New York City.
Your Daily Link Fix: Modern Marble Accents for Your Home; Herzog & de Meuron Designing Chrystie Street Hotel, Wed, June 18, 2014
- Brick Single-Family on Clinton Hill Progressing Quickly: The Brownstoner has an update on the construction at 218 Greene Avenue, and it’s moving pretty quickly.
- Modern Marble Accents for Your Home: The Observer schools us on the new way to incorporate marble while showcasing ten of their marble picks.
- iMakr 3D Printing Company Moves to the Lower East Side: Let’s be honest, what’s not to love about 3D printing. It’s practically magic! Well, UK-based iMakr is opening up their flagship on Allen Street and Bedford and Bowery has the details.
- Herzog & de Meuron Designing Chrystie Street Hotel: The innovative starchitects are creating the look for the much anticipated hotel and Page Six has the details.
- Court Sets Precedent for Airbnb Subletting: A Manhattan Housing Court judge just threw out the eviction of FiDi resident who had been renting her apartment out using the accommodations site. The New York Post, has more on this unexpected turn of events.
Images: Marble Bowl by Earnest Studio (left), hotel rendering (right)