- Is the Fred French Building the most beautiful Art Deco architecture on 5th Avenue? You be the judge after reading this post on Gothamist.
- Let’s face it–Penn Station is terrible. But instead of just complaining about it (like the rest of us), architect David Lewis leads a walking tour of the station to explore how it got so horrible. More on the AWL.
- Calling all members of the Brooklyn board game community (yes, it exists); Rivals board game café is now open in East Williamsburg, according to Bedford + Bowery.
- These attractive, eco-friendly acoustic tiles, showcased on Freshome, are made from molded luffa. Yup, the same material you scrub with in the shower.
- West Side Rag reports that City Council members are proposing a complete car ban for Central Park next summer.
Images: Fred French Building, via Newyorkitecture (L); Penn Station, via Wiki Commons (R)