- Jeremiah’s Vanishing New York documents the demolition of beloved graffiti mecca 5Pointz in Long Island City.
- Calling all picklers! The Lower East Side’s Pickle Day is back on October 19th. According to the event website, “it’s kind of a big dill.”
- An algorithm can predict a neighborhood’s crime rate based on Google Street View images, reports Co.LABS.
- And in more community-specific technology, Pandora released the most popular music genres for each NYC neighborhood. See them on the Daily News.
- Holiday shopping just got a lot easier. According to the Verge, UPS is bringing its pickup lockers to New York.
, Wed, October 8, 2014