- Williamsburg’s, ‘House No. 94’ is 75% Leased and Renting with 1 Month Free [link]
- Live at The Mill in Ridgewood, New Rental Homes with Amenities from $1,895/Month [link]
- Summit at 222 E. 44th Street Launches Leasing: Striking 43-Story Tower with Luxury Rentals in Midtown East [link]
- No Fee Midtown West Rentals at The Townsend Offer 1 Month Free on a 12-Month Lease [link]
- EVGB: Target-Topping Rental Offers East Village Apartments with 3 Months Free Rent [link]
- 7 West 21st Street: Elegant Rentals by Morris Adjmi Architects with Special Offers [link]
- New Brooklyn Rentals Launch from $2,095/Month at 25 E. 19th Street, Two Blocks from Prospect Park [link]
- 90 Columbus: Luxury Jersey City Rentals Priced from $2,695/Month [link]
510 East 14th Street
Photo by Tia Richards for 6sqft
Target officially opened its first store in the East Village on Saturday, to mixed reviews from locals. During its grand opening, the chain recreated the storefront of CBGB, a famous punk rock club where the Ramones, Patti Smith and Blondie played, with a red-and-white awning that reads “TRGT.” Located on 14th Street and Avenue A, the design included red newspaper boxes similar to old ones of the Village Voice paper, fake fire-hydrants and a temporary facade made to look like the housing tenements of the Village in the 1970s and 1980s. Jeremiah Moss, the author behind the Vanishing New York blog, called the new store “the most deplorable commodification of local neighborhood culture I’ve ever witnessed.” As of Monday, the CBGB-themed storefront is no longer up.
It might seem like it’s been there forever, but the new East Village Target store at 14th Street and Avenue A opened its doors this week ahead of a scheduled grand opening Saturday, July 21. The small-format chain icon occupies the corner spot in the EVGB (“East Village’s Greatest Building”) rental building that opened at 510 East 14th Street this year and is now stocked and ready to supply residents (the building is 50 percent leased according to a press release from developer Extell) and the rest of the ‘hood with everything from cosmetics and cleaning supplies to apples and Amy’s Bowls to the cheap-but-funky home goods the store is famous for. Also beer.
- Save Thousands in Rent with these Incredible Deals in Manhattan, Brooklyn & Queens [link]
- EVGB Perks You’ll Love: 2 Months Free Rent, Integrated Alexa + More [link]
- Ellipse, Record-Setting Jersey City Rental Tower is Now 100% Leased [link]
- The Alexander, Rego Park’s 27-Story Rental Tower, Offers 1 Month Free [link]
- Beachfront Living at Saltmeadow, No Fee 2- and 3-Bed Rentals in Far Rockaway [link]
- Downtown Brooklyn Rentals at 60 Duffield Street Leasing with 1 Month Free on 13-Month Leases [link]
- Reduced Security Deposits at Midtown’s The Helena [link]
Ambitiously dubbed EVGB–for “East Village’s Greatest Building”–Extell Development’s new rental building at 510 East 14th Street between Avenues A and B just hit the rental market. In addition to amenities like a fitness center, saltwater pool and rooftop deck, the new building is perhaps best known for its also-new retail anchor tenant, a two-level Target store, the chain’s first location in the neighborhood. The building’s 110 market-rate and 50 affordable–the lottery for those launched recently–units are expected to be ready for occupancy by April. According to the building’s just-launched website, available apartments range from studios for $3,695 a month to a three-bedroom unit for $12,425.