- 500 Met: Williamsburg Rentals from $2,852/Month Debut Above New Hotel [link]
- Embankment House: Premier No Fee Apartments in Jersey City from $2,600/Month [link]
- Introducing Talo38: Luxury Rentals to Debut Near LIC – Astoria Border [link]
- Revetment House; Historically-Attuned Jersey City Apartments Renting from $2,051/month [link]
- Twenty-Six Story Alvista Towers Offers Brand New Rentals in Jamaica, Queens from $1,729/Month [link]
- 38 Sixth Avenue in Pacific Park: No Fee, Rent Stabilized Homes Available Now from $2,663/Month [link]
500 Metropolitan Avenue
Back in March, 6sqft reported that a new hotel/rental tower at 500 Metropolitan Avenue had risen above ground, but there was still a bit ambiguity surroundings its final design. Now, just as the Williamsburg building has topped out, CityRealty uncovered the final renderings from KBA Architects. The firm created a 14-story, ziggurat-like structure that will slope down from the adjacent site of longtime local haunt Kellogg’s Diner and offer a slew of trendy amenities.
Not to be completely outdone by Bjarke Ingels’ Via 57 West, Williamsburg is getting its own highway-fronting pyramidal pile. Alongside the bucolic banks of the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway, the concrete frame of 500 Metropolitan Avenue has finally climbed above street level, now reaching its third floor. The uniquely massed 200,000-square-foot, mixed-use project ascends near the Metropolitan Avenue-Lorimer Street station of the G and L lines, and from a V-shaped lot that borders five streets: Metropolitan Avenue, Union, Keap, Ainslie and Rodney Streets. Its stepped, ziggurat-like form will soar 14 stories and 172 feet above the low-slung area, making it among the tallest structures in the ‘hood.