All photos courtesy of Douglas Elliman
An East Hampton Village home with roots dating back to the 17th-century is on the market for $4.495 million. The property at 177 Main Street was originally a Colonial saltbox built in 1680 and owned by John Mulford, one of the founders of the village. The home was named Congress Hall in the mid-19th-century as then-owner David Mulford used the space for local men to gather and talk about politics. After the site sold in 2012, owners transformed the property into a 5,500-square-foot compound with five bedrooms and five-and-a-half baths.