- An anonymous buyer snagged an 18th – and 19th-floor apartment at 15 Central Park West for $48 million. This purchase is the second most expensive sale in the building, falling “just” $40 million short of former Citigroup CEO Sany Weil’s penthouse buy.
- Most Manhattan apartments don’t come with an inch of green space, but the six listings highlighted in our report sure do! Guess which addresses have green escapes hidden from prying eyes…
- 116 condos sold for an average of $2.4 million; and 137 co-ops sold for an average of $1.2 million during the week of April 28th-May 4th. With summer just around the corner, it looks like buyers are clamoring to close.
15 Central Park West
- Butterfleye is the Nanny Cam of the Future: Butterfleye can watch your home and be your own personal photographer at the same time. Gizmodo has the write-up along with a video – starring the most adorable dog ever!!! Definitely take a look. But first… let me take a selfie.
- The Expandable Dress for New York Subway Riders: For New Yorkers, spending 30 minutes or more on a crowded subway where everyone collectively encroaches on each other’s personal space. Well, if you’re familiar with that experience you’ll love this WSJ article on the expanding dress.
- A Google Earth for the Body: If you just reached for the nearest giant parka you’ll be relieved to know it’s not what it sounds like. Nobody’s watching you. Crain’s NY has the story of a doctor who created a more in depth map of the body for doctor’s patients, and everyone in between.
- IBM’s Watson Makes Good BBQ Sauce: IBM’s famous computer has decided to take up cooking… and he’s apparently good at it. FastCo. explores yet another way this computer makes us mere mortals feel inferior.
- i29 Architects Design Invisible Kitchen: i29 Interior Architects have taken minimalism to the next level. Archinect has photos of their impressive disappearing kitchen.
- The Gadget That Will Make You Bid Farewell to Your Stylus: Could it be?! Architizer has the details on a kickstarter funded device that transforms your handwritten notes into digital images.
- 15 Central Park West Penthouse Sells for $48M: If you’re impressed with the price tag for this duplex condominium, wait ‘til you find out how far off that is from the asking price. The Real Deal has that info and more about the pricey pad purchased in Zeckendorf’s luxury building.
Images: 15 Central Park West (left), Invisible Kitchen (right)
Well, if you were getting your finances together to buy the $13 million apartment at 15 Central Park West, you can get off the phone with your accountant because it’s sold. Unfortunately for you, Noel Berk of Mercedes/Berk has sold the Upper West Side stunner to someone else for $13.075 million. But that’s not going to stop us from writing about it, so sit back and take in the splendor that is the apartment you just barely missed out on.
Unit 15K is an absolutely astounding 3BR/3.5BA beauty, with giant windows that bathe the entire apartment with light. Upon entry to this 2,500 square-foot haven, you’re greeted with a gorgeous foyer with Venetian plaster walls. This leads to a spacious living room with huge windows so as not to obstruct your view of the Lincoln Center. There’s a dining room situated right off the living room, a perfect place to seat your guests as they spend too much time oohing and ahhing over your apartment to remember to eat. And speaking of food, let’s take a trip into this kitchen.